Re: [Catacomb] Proposed Road Map

Sung Kim wrote:

This is proposed Road-Map so please share your ideas. I'd like to post it at our project homepage, after we have enough discussion.

GOALS
 - Implement all DAV protocols.
 - Support All kind of DBMS.

Wow. These are serious goals. Implementing all the DAV protocols will be a lot of work, but not impossible. Supporting all DBMS seems a little unrealistic to me - How will we support Oracle (for example) without even being able to pay for the license ourselves? It seems like scoping this goal to only support available DBMS is more reasonable...

Proposed Mile Stones
 - DBMS Abstraction layer
 - Discovery of Supported Query Grammars
 - DeltaV Core Versinonig package (VERSION-CONTROL. CHECKOUT, CHECKIN, UNCHECKOUT, REPORT).
 - ACL
 - DeltaV Workspace Package (WORKSPACE, VERSION-HISTORY)
 - BIND
 - DeltaV remains

Not sure if these are in any specific order, but it appears they are. I'd place a higher importance on ACL than Delta-V. The specification is more mature, and much easier to implement. Also, what do you mean by the BIND milestone? How does this relate to Catacomb?

Elias