- Project tools
- How do I...
|Over 500 more tools...
Re: [Catacomb] Proposed Road Map
Sung Kim wrote:
Wow. These are serious goals. Implementing all the DAV protocols will be
a lot of work, but not impossible. Supporting all DBMS seems a little
unrealistic to me - How will we support Oracle (for example) without
even being able to pay for the license ourselves? It seems like scoping
this goal to only support available DBMS is more reasonable...
This is proposed Road-Map so please share your ideas. I'd like to post it at our project homepage, after we have enough discussion.
- Implement all DAV protocols.
- Support All kind of DBMS.
Not sure if these are in any specific order, but it appears they are.
I'd place a higher importance on ACL than Delta-V. The specification is
more mature, and much easier to implement. Also, what do you mean by the
BIND milestone? How does this relate to Catacomb?
Proposed Mile Stones
- DBMS Abstraction layer
- Discovery of Supported Query Grammars
- DeltaV Core Versinonig package (VERSION-CONTROL. CHECKOUT, CHECKIN, UNCHECKOUT, REPORT).
- DeltaV Workspace Package (WORKSPACE, VERSION-HISTORY)
- DeltaV remains