[Catacomb] file storage

hello,

One simple question: why files are stored in database and not in filesystem? i know - move file from one url to another is simple but we have with this low performance.

I need to store big files (about 20-30 MB) in dav repository and use dav to manage this, but from client view this will be simple webpage with autorization to download file (dav repos will not be visible to our customers).

It's difficult to store only dav property in database and manage files in filesystem?

mx