Re: [Catacomb] Event notification?

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003, Elias Sinderson wrote:
> Thanks for your interest in the Catacomb project. I've inlined my

Thanks for the quick response.  I'm investigating using Catacomb as the
backend for a DMS I've been developing (I'm in the process of adding
WebDAV support to it).

> Bryce Harrington wrote:
>
> >Is there any way to attach server-side handlers for events in catacomb?
> >
> Not presently, but this is an idea that I have a great deal of interest in.

Same here.  I am implementing notification client-side for now, but it'd
be more flexible and dependable for it to be handled server-side.

One thought I had for a simple approach would be to simply record a log
of each transaction, and allow would-be handlers to watch for things
they're interested in and react accordingly.  Maybe not too efficient,
but perhaps simpler to implement.

Thanks
Bryce