Re: [Catacomb] Authentication with Catacomb

Hello,

I don't think the .htpasswd mechanism works, since related apache module cannot read database and the content of the file.

But you can add auth information under Location directive. Here is example of catacomb test server:

<Location /repos>
 ModMimeUsePathInfo on
 DAV repos
 AuthType Basic
 AuthName "Catacomb Repos"
 AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/passwd
 Require valid-user
</Location>

Currently, we don't have a plan to implement .htaccess mechanism.

--
Sung Kim <hunkim@cse.ucsc.edu>
http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~hunkim

 "Dreams become reality!"