Re: [Catacomb] PHP ...

Quoting Chris Knight <Christopher.D.Knight@nasa.gov>:

> Currently in the stream_dbms branch, if you specify DavDBMSFileDir it
> will store data external to the database in a hash directory structure.
> Otherwise it stores data in the BLOBs as before.
>
> I would warn against providing the "like dav_fs" mechanism, as you run
> into issues with filesystem naming restrictions and performance overhead
> (as previously discussed). I believe we can support PHP as I think
> Apache allows for "pipelining" request handlers, I will investigate over
> the next week or two.

For clarification, the intent is still to store resource/collection data in the
filesystem, but your statement above means that Catacomb will probably need to
name and arrange those data files in a manner that prohibits/makes difficult
direct access to these files through traditional methods (a shell for example).
 Metadata will be still be stored in the DB.  Do I understand?

Matt Hubbard
mhubb@okcareertech.org

PS - we are moving toward using Apache filters/handlers to force PHP files to
parse when stored within a Catacomb repository.  Correct?