[Catacomb] Compile failure on Mac OS X 10.2.6 (darwin6.6)

First of all, apologies for blatant noobness. I've been lurking on this list for a week now but still haven't seen any posts. Is the digest mode working properly? Anyhoo, I've been trying to compile catacomb (including the 0.8.1 cvs source) without much luck. During make after <configure --with-mysql=/Library/MySQL --with-apache> this appears:

/bin/sh /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc `/usr/local/apache2/bin/apr-config --cflags` -Wall -I/usr/local/apache2/include -I/Library/MySQL/include/mysql -I/Library/MySQL/include -DVERSION=\"0.8.1-dev\" -o dbms.lo -c dbms.c
dbms.c: In function `dbms_search':
dbms.c:673: warning: implicit declaration of function `atoll'

Also during 'make install' this appears:
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /Library/MySQL/lib/mysql'
though I'm not sure if that is the problem here.

After setting everything up as in the HOWTO, I get this in the server error log:

[Thu Jun 19 03:15:56 2003] [error] Query to execute: SELECT serialno,creationdate,displayname,getcontentlanguage,getcontentlength,ge tcontenttype,getetag,getlastmodified,resourcetype,source,depth,istext, isversioned, checkin, checkout From dasl_resource Where URI='/repos'
dyld: /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_atoll

Sorry this is a bit long winded (and dumb), but could it be that atoll isn't implemented in gcc3 on Darwin? I can't find a declaration for it in either stdlib.h or stdio.h. My grasp of C is so rusty it's probably best I don't try to fix this myself :-) Any clues?

Jelly Noodle

PS. The configure script has directory misspelt as directiry. (me? nit picking? never!)

--
"Remember you're a Womble..."