Re: [Catacomb] Compile failure on Mac OS X 10.2.6 (darwin6.6)

Hi Vincent,

I didn't see any other responses to your email, but wanted to assure you that someone had been looking into the problem you reported and answer your questions...

Vincent Bray wrote:

First of all, apologies for blatant noobness. I've been lurking on this list for a week now but still haven't seen any posts. Is the digest mode working properly?

As far as I know digest mode is working fine, although the last couple weeks have been pretty quiet in general...

[...] During make after <configure --with-mysql=/Library/MySQL --with-apache> this appears:

/bin/sh /usr/local/apache2/build/libtool --silent --mode=compile gcc `/usr/local/apache2/bin/apr-config --cflags` -Wall -I/usr/local/apache2/include -I/Library/MySQL/include/mysql -I/Library/MySQL/include -DVERSION=\"0.8.1-dev\" -o dbms.lo -c dbms.c
dbms.c: In function `dbms_search':
dbms.c:673: warning: implicit declaration of function `atoll'

Gah, that is not good. This seems to be a Darwin-related 'feature' as I've not seen this on other platforms. However, I haven't been able to find any documentation as to why 'atoll' doesn't seem to be available...

Also during 'make install' this appears:
libtool: install: warning: remember to run `libtool --finish /Library/MySQL/lib/mysql'
though I'm not sure if that is the problem here.

Not related to the above problem AFAIK.

After setting everything up as in the HOWTO, I get this in the server error log:

[Thu Jun 19 03:15:56 2003] [error] Query to execute: SELECT serialno,creationdate,displayname,getcontentlanguage,getcontentlength,ge tcontenttype,getetag,getlastmodified,resourcetype,source,depth,istext, isversioned, checkin, checkout From dasl_resource Where URI='/repos'
dyld: /usr/local/apache2/bin/httpd Undefined symbols: _atoll

This is definately related to the above 'implicit declaration' problem though.

Sorry this is a bit long winded (and dumb), but could it be that atoll isn't implemented in gcc3 on Darwin? I can't find a declaration for it in either stdlib.h or stdio.h. My grasp of C is so rusty it's probably best I don't try to fix this myself :-) Any clues?

Not as of yet, although I haven't been able to spend that much time on it. I would be surprised if 'atoll' isn't implemented for Darwin since it is a pretty standard library function. I'll see if I can find any more info on it, otherwise it may just be a simpler fix to replace the call by strtoll() or similar. IIRC, the family of atoX() functions have been somewhat deprecated in favor of the strtoX() counterparts...

Jelly Noodle

Oh, really now?  :-)

PS. The configure script has directory misspelt as directiry. (me? nit picking? never!)

Thanks! And thanks for your interest in the Catacomb project!

Cheers,
Elias