live properties that had incorrect values.

The search request I used is as follows. I was trying to retrieve only the
application/pdf files in the repos/HT/ht87/ collection on the Catacomb
installation at ocean.cse.ucsc.edu

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<D:searchrequest xmlns:D="DAV:">
  <D:basicsearch>
    <D:select>
      <D:prop><D:displayname/><D:getcontenttype/></D:prop>
    </D:select>
    <D:from>
      <D:scope>
         <D:href>/repos/HT/ht87/</D:href>
         <D:depth>1</D:depth>
      </D:scope>
    </D:from>
    <D:where>
      <D:eq>
        <D:prop><D:getcontenttype/></D:prop>
        <D:literal>application/pdf</D:literal>
      </D:eq>
    </D:where>
    <D:orderby>
      <D:order>
        <D:prop><D:displayname/></D:prop>
        <D:ascending/>
      </D:order>
    </D:orderby>
  </D:basicsearch>
</D:searchrequest>

The first response I received in the output is as follows. Problems in it
include the large number of xmlns declarations (I think this is the problem
you mentioned to me previously Sung) and the fact that there are:
a) all of the dead properties, even though I didn't ask for them in the
select block
b) the live properties that were returned have incorrect values (for
example, getcontentype is not empty, but has the value application/pdf --
this can be double-checked using Cadaver).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<D:multistatus xmlns:D="DAV:">
<D:response xmlns:ns29="http://dav.cse.ucsc.edu/props/bibdav/";
xmlns:ns460="http
://www.webdav.org/catacomb" xmlns:ns466="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:n
s470="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns471="http://www.webdav.org/catacom
b" xmlns:ns490="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns541="http://www.webdav.o
rg/catacomb" xmlns:ns542="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns558="http://ww
w.webdav.org/catacomb" xmlns:ns606="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns650=
"http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns799="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb"; xm
lns:ns806="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns810="http://www.webdav.org/ca
tacomb" xmlns:ns819="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns822="http://www.web
dav.org/catacomb" xmlns:ns826="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns831="http
://www.webdav.org/catacomb" xmlns:ns842="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:n
s847="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns848="http://www.webdav.org/catacom
b" xmlns:ns859="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns883="http://www.webdav.o
rg/catacomb" xmlns:ns892="http://www.webdav.org/catacomb";
xmlns:ns964="http://ww
w.webdav.org/catacomb" xmlns:lp0="DAV:" xmlns:lp1="DAV:">
<D:href>/repos/HT/ht87/p89-Trigg.pdf</D:href>
<D:propstat>
<D:prop>
<ns29:abstract> This paper reports on an investigation into the use of the
NoteC
ards hypertext system for writing. We describe a wide variety of personal
styles
 adopted by 20 researchers at Xerox as they "inhabit" NoteCards. This
variety is
 displayed in each of their writing activities: notetaking, organizing and
reorg
anizing their work, maintaining references and bibliographies, and preparing
doc
uments. In addition, we discuss the distinctive personal decisions made as
to wh
ich activities are appropriate for NoteCards in the first place. Finally, we
con
clude with a list of recommendations for system designers arising from this
work
.
</ns29:abstract>
<ns29:authors><ns29:author><ns29:fullname>Randall H. Trigg</ns29:fullname>
<ns29:first>Randall</ns29:first>
<ns29:middle>H.</ns29:middle>
<ns29:last>Trigg</ns29:last>
</ns29:author><ns29:author><ns29:fullname>Peggy M. Irish</ns29:fullname>
<ns29:first>Peggy</ns29:first>
<ns29:middle>M.</ns29:middle>
<ns29:last>Irish</ns29:last>
</ns29:author></ns29:authors>
<ns29:confloc>Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA</ns29:confloc>
<ns29:confname>Hypertext '87</ns29:confname>
<ns29:date>November 13-15</ns29:date>
<ns29:id>p89-Trigg</ns29:id>
<ns29:pages>89-108</ns29:pages>
<ns29:title>Hypertext Habitats: Experiences of Writers in NoteCards
</ns29:title

<ns29:type>Conference</ns29:type>
<ns29:uri>http://ocean.cse.ucsc.edu/repos/HT/ht87/p89-Trigg.pdf</ns29:uri>
<ns29:year>1987</ns29:year>
<D:getetag>"6ba2-0-0"</D:getetag>
<D:creationdate>1970-01-01T00:00:00Z</D:creationdate>
<D:getlastmodified>Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT</D:getlastmodified>
<D:resourcetype></D:resourcetype>
<D:getcontentlength>0</D:getcontentlength>
<D:getcontenttype></D:getcontenttype>
<D:getcontentlanguage></D:getcontentlanguage>
</D:prop>
<D:status>HTTP/1.1 200 OK</D:status>
</D:propstat>
</D:response>