Re: [Catacomb] [Ann] Catacomb ODBC

Sung Kim wrote:
Hi,

This is an interesting announce.
I have two questions about the work.

1. Does ODBC affect performance?

Not really, actually it *might* be quite the opposite under some circumstances. See http://www.datadirect-technologies.com/products/odbc/docs/WP_ODBCvsOCI.PDF for a thourough analysis.

So far I don't notice any particular delay in using ODBC and, IMHO, the added flexibility is well worth the risk of a (not-so-possibly) degraded performance. Just have a look at http://www.unixodbc.org/drivers.html to see what are the wonderful chances opening up to the Catacomb world. :-)

Oh, besides, if it wasn't clear enough, you're free to take *anytime* the code and incorporate it in the Catacomb codebase. Consider this e-mail and Ricardo's one as an official statement of donation.

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino