From: catacomb-bounces@webdav.org [mailto:catacomb-bounces@webdav.org]On
Behalf Of Eric Johnson
Sent: Saturday, October 25, 2003 10:14 AM
To: catacomb@webdav.org
Subject: [Catacomb] external files & catacomb "directories" flat?

Hi,

Please forgive the "newbie" questions, I'm just
getting started with Catacomb...

Ideally, I'd like to use my filesystem for
persistence (even of small files) and use Catacomb
& mySQL to manage the properties, metadata, etc,
associated with versioning.  I've seen references
to an ability to configure Catacomb to use the
filesystem to store large files ( >1 GB), but
haven't seen how to set this or whether the 1 GB
size could be adjusted downward to include all
files.

A second question...  I've seen references in the
release notes (I think) that MKCOL is not supported
by Catacomb, so I've been wondering if all
Catacomb collections must be flat.  Is there a
way to replicate the notion of sub-directories?

By the way, I'm using DAVExplorer as my client.

Thanks for any pointers, RTFMs, etc.

--EJ

Eric R. Johnson
SunServices