[Catacomb] Minor build bugs

1. Some debug output bleeds through in log files even if you don't
specify --with-debug when building. Fix is attached. (I also took the liberty of
changing the "dbms_select is deprecated" message from fprintf to DBG0, so it
doesn't show up in production builds as it only swamps log files and obscures
real errors)

2. If you try to build a catacomb statically linked in the httpd executable, the
build fails with undefined symbol VERSION. There is code that defines VERSION as
"static" in this case, but it is in a wrong place. Fix attached.

Note that the included patches are against latest CVS.

P.S. Any news on when (or if) the exact search patches will be commited?

--
Makefiles not war