Re: [Catacomb] [Ann] Catacomb ODBC

Hi,

I'd like to get your source code as a catacomb branch, but the CVS repository is not set for you yet. Also I sent two emails to the Tigris.org admin asking Subversion setup for Catacomb, and didn't hear yet.

Actually we are working on WebDAV/SVN integration on GForge(Sourceforge-like) and using it for class/research projects for UCSC. It might be good to use SVN repository there for Catacomb, since it is really easy to join and set a commit permission.

http://dforge.cse.ucsc.edu/
http://dforge.cse.ucsc.edu/catacomb

Please take a look and let me know if you like my idea.

This summer we have a plan to open WebDAV/SVN integrated GForge to public named the davenport(provisional name) service. After that we can move our homepage, list, svn to davenport.

--
Sung Kim

Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

Chris Knight wrote:

Elias Sinderson wrote:

Have you had a chance to poke/prod the ODBC version of Catacomb? Sung and I are strongly of the oppinion that we should get this into the main development branch asap so that we can fully test it prior to (finally) declaring the 1.0 release later this year. While we had originally targeted this effort for post 1.0, the recognized benefit of the functionality makes a strong case for putting it in 1.0 if possible (and absolutely wouldn't have been without Gianugo and Ricardo's work).

If/when you think it's ready we can announce the merge on the mailing list?

I haven't touched it since I sent the e-mail regarding issues I ran across (months ago). I've been very busy with the migration activity and haven't kept up with the mailing list, alas. I'd say go fer it.

The latest version I have fixes a lot of issues, and we're now using it in (limited) production. If you're interested, just let me know and I'll be glad to send you the updated code.

Ciao,