Re: [Catacomb] [PROPOSAL] Catacomb joining Apache

Sung Kim wrote:

ASL 2.0 is fine with me.

+1

I've been reading over the incubation policy notes posted at <http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html>. There is a lot of good information about the incubation process and I encourage everyone involved with the project to read the document.

As I understand it, to enter the incubator, we need both a champion within the ASF (to nominate the project) and a sponsor (to, well, sponsor the project). According to the docs, a sponsor may be one of (a) the ASF board, (b) an ASF top level project (TLP) or (c) the incubator Project Management Comittee. Given the relationship of Catacomb to Apache HTTP Server, I strongly feel that option (b) is the best choice for us to pursue. This would entail Catacomb being recognized as a suitable sub-project of Apache HTTP Server project.

From the recent emails on this subject, I am under the impression that Gianugo will be working on writing up the proposal to our sponsor - does this also mean that he will act as our champion? Also, the page referenced above doesn't list what should be in the proposal, in fact it has an entry left for someone to complete that section with a short list of what should be in the proposal! There is, however, a few links to previous proposals at <http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?ASFProposalPages>, which gives us something to go on. The process description stated that the project description / proposal should be sent to the mailing list(s) of the sponsor (dev@httpd.apache.org).

Lastly, regarding commit access, each of the persons listed in Sung's email as initial committers need to fill out and submit a Contributor License Agreement (CLA). The form can be found at <http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla.pdf>, and should be faxed to (410) 803-2258.

Regards,
Elias