From: catacomb-bounces@webdav.org [mailto:catacomb-bounces@webdav.org] On
Behalf Of Andrew Morrow (BTS)
Sent: Sunday, February 08, 2004 1:56 PM
To: catacomb@webdav.org
Subject: [Catacomb] Apache directive feature request: non-default DBMS
portnumber

Catacomb should have an Apache directive for specifying a non-default DBMS
port number.

The need for this feature is obvious.  Of course, some DBMS client API's
offer other kinds of parameters.  Even MySQL also has unixsocket and
clientflag in its client API (this is already TODO'ed in dbms_mysql.c) but
port is a very common parameter among DBMS client API's.

For database access to MySQL, Catacomb currently has

DavDBMSHost
DavDBMSId

DavDBMSDbName
DavDBMSPass

So, as a suggested name, adding a directive with a name like

DavDBMSPort

which would specify a port number would fulfill this requirement.

The shortcut currently taken in the code is to pass a value of zero to get
the default port:

dbms.c : dbms_opendb() :
    status = dbms_create(&(d->db), d->db_id, d->db_pass, d->db_name,
d->db_host, 0);

With that and the example of the existing directives, its obvious how
to implement the rest of this new directive.

            Andrew