RE: [Catacomb] Install Help

Hi,

> What permission does the mysql user need to have?

The apache user should be able to read/write a file in the /tmp directory.

> Also, is there any way to have large files saved on the disk (and not in
> the database)?  If so, how do I set the max file size for the database.
> I don't want to recompile MySQL to handle large files.

You can store all files externally by adding the DavDBMSFileDir directive
to specify the directory for permanent external storage.
An alternative way is extending the maximum packet size of MySQL. You need
to add this option with your mysqld:
--set-variable=max_allowed_packet=16M

Good Luck.

- Sung Kim