[Catacomb] Moving Catacomb forward

All,

I'd like to start a general discussion on what your preferences are for the leadership and administration of Catacomb.

It has become increasingly clear to me that we here at UCSC are unlikely to do much additional development work on Catacomb. None of my current students have research plans that would have them actively working on this project.

Despite our being poor stewards of this project, it has still managed to attract a community of people and businesses around this code. It seems to me that the best thing for the project is for us to remove UCSC from the leadership and administrative roles we currently have, and hand over the reins to others who are more involved and dependent on this project's success. It would be nice if we still had some input on future directions, but this should be an advisory role.

Thoughts?

- Jim