Re: [Catacomb] ACL Testserver

On 5/10/06, Guy K. Kloss <Guy.Kloss@dlr.de> wrote:
Hi Tom,

On Wednesday 10 May 2006 17:18, Tim Olsen wrote:
> Since this is an open-source project, I think we should put the latest
> code in a repository, preferably a subversion repository at tigris.

Yes.

> The tarball on tigris, 0.9.2, is not in any public version controlled
> repository. While it is great that you are working on the code, it
> would be better if it were visible to the whole open-source community.

Yes.

> So while access to more up-to-date code on your wiki whould be great,
> it will quickly become stale. I take it you have higher priorities
> than putting the code up on tigris svn. Is there anything I can do to
> help?

The problem is, that on tigris.org a CVS repository is set up. Markus has sent
a request to tigris.org for a conversion of the repository to SVN or
alternatively to have a SVN repository available there as well. Unfortunately
the folks from tigris.org have not replied, yet. This is the status as of
discussing it with Markus today.

A current problem is that the code is inside our own (closed) repository here
at DLR, and it's a SVN repository. So getting intermediate releases up to
tigris.org would be quite handy. But priorities to deal with both (CVS and
SVN) are quite low, as it would all have to be converted over to SVN at a
later time as well.

I agree.  Using the CVS set up now would be a mistake.  Better to get
the SVN on tigris up and running.

As to your help: You may want to try to get in contact with the guys at
tigris.org as well and help us get the request for a change of the repository
across. The only thing within the src/ branch on CVS is the initial
README.txt anyway. So we can be hogs and just forget about that part without
feeling bad.

I'll see what can be done.  Maybe we're supposed to open a issue or
ticket of some sort.  I'll check it out.

Hopefully this will answer some of the questions.

It does.  thanks!

-Tim

Guy

--
Guy K. Kloss
DLR (German Aerospace Center), Simulation and Software Technology