[Catacomb] Re: create user account in mod_dav and Catacomb

Am Dienstag, 22. August 2006 04:24 schrieben Sie:
> I see that Apache (mod_dav) creates new user accounts by writting new
> entries to the password file
> http://www.webdav.org/mod_dav/faq/#03-02

mod_dav creates no new users. You create them yourself and Apache uses the
password file for authentification. mod_dav has no knowledge about the users.

> With Catacomb pluggin, can we create user accounts dinamically and store in
> DBMS (mySQL) as DAV resources? I know Slide
> (http://jakarta.apache.org/slide/howto-create-users.html) can dinamically
> create DAV user accounts, but they store the account's information in file
> system. Would anyone help me the way to do that with Apache mod_dav +
> Catacomb?

With Apache and catacomb you can use a MySQL table for authentification, for
example with mod_auth_mysql.
At this time, you will have to put the users in the catacomb table by hand
(same with the group allocation).
I'm working on a dynamical account insertion in catacomb, but the is nothing
yet.

Greetings!
Markus